Friday, May 20, 2011

DANG WES LANG

This past month Wes Lang had been staying at the Chateau Marmont, where is had been working on a series of drawings done on their paper stock. This series is one of my favorite bodies of work of his. A mixture of detailed illustration with a great punch line to sum up the whole piece. He will be having a sow at the hotel in June sometime. Will post the dates as soon as I hear.
I got a chance to meet up with him a couple of times while he was here. On my second visit I had him tattoo this death hand I had seen in one of his new drawings he had hanging on his wall. Had a great experience checking out his work environment and just hanging out with him, his lady and a couple of friends. One of the most down to earth people and all around great person. You can check out his blog here
Good Times
In the chair

...And A Thousand Miles Away" 2011 pencil and acrylic on paper

"Whiter Shade Of Pale" 2011 acrylic on paper

"I Wonder What They Do In There" 2011 acrylic and pencil on paper

No comments: